Last Friday I was given a shower by the school. And man were we showered! We received many gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart, which will really be useful. Another gift certificate was given to us for a photography studio that we will have her newborn pictures taken at. We also were given some outfits. One of which that was picked out by the assistant principal's son. He is one of my students too! We decided that would be the going home outfit. :)
This week began with a trip to the doctor's office. We got to meet the new OB and he seems very nice. So we have now met every midwife and OB at the office. Everything continues to measure correctly, baby's heartbeat was a strong 135, and I continue to feel excellent. After that appointment we went to the Birthplace to do our preregistration. Which wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. Just some paperwork that I could see being a pain if you were in labor.
That night we watched a video called Orgasmic Birth. Wow!!! What an eye opener. At the beginning of the pregnancy I was really set on having a home birth and now I know that is what we will do when we decide to have another child. Mike even looked at me during one point in the movie and said, "Should we go ahead and just have her at home?" Well the logistics of putting that together this far in the game seem a little too overwhelming. But it made me feel wonderful to see that Mike was understanding why I have longed for such an experience. I am excited that even though we will not have a home birth experience this time, we have a doula!!! We absolutely adore her and know that she will help us in achieving the birth experience that we want to have in a hospital. It just blows my mind how we have been brainwashed by the medical professionals to believe that we have to have babies in a hospital. Especially here in the United States. I have also been reading quite a few books that are good reads. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and The Doula's Guide to Birth. These books are also very good eye openers about what birthing is really about. I want everyone to know that I have been set on a natural birth from the beginning and I plan on sticking to that and for so many reasons. And yes I understand that some people may not feel the same way as I do. That's your choice. I think we have to be educated about what we do with our bodies.
OK, now that I went on my little rant.....
Tuesday was the first day that students in PK, K, 6th, and 9th grades attended school. So the rest of us teachers had another day to get prepared. I have been very blessed because the sub I have for the first six weeks I am out, has been coming in everyday to help get the classroom ready and get to know my routine. Today my students came and I must say we had an excellent day. I have the same students that I taught last year for first grade. It gave me a feeling of peacefulness to know that I could get the year started and not have to really introduce everything again. The students know how I run the classroom and they all were excellent today! They were very good listeners and seemed happy to be back in the classroom. I was exhausted at the end of the day. Actually it was more like 1:00 when the little kiddos went home. I came home at 4:00 to take a little rest. I have never been a nap person, but being able to just lay down for an hour seemed to give me a little more energy.
I have been having a lot of people lately tell me that I look like I have dropped. I guess that is all in the eyes of the beholder because I feel like I have been low the whole time. Who knows? Only time will tell when this little munchkin decides to make an appearance!
We can't wait to meet our lil' Miss, but I keep reminding her that another 3 weeks would be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment