Let me start off by saying this post is in no way saying that SAHM do not have the same problems that working moms do. As a matter of fact, I would love to be a SAHM, but it is just not feasible for our family at this time. This is just my perspective of how I have to deal with tasks, problems, and everyday life as a working mom.
On Sunday (3/12, yes almost two weeks ago...it's taken me that long to finish this entry) I was folding laundry, trying to get to the grocery store, wanting to go run, and thinking about the week ahead.....which involved packing lunches, more laundry, work, trying to work out, and enjoying being with my family. I said out loud to Mike that I wish I was in the other room playing and devoting my time to M. But I knew if I didn't get this work done, then I would be dealing with it during the weekdays (which I dread) and my OCD self can not handle that. I did remind my self that I had taken M to the festival at my school for a couple hours on Saturday, so we had definitly enjoyed quite a bit of time together. But it was just the fact that I have to do this tedious stuff to keep the house going.
This year has been quite the stressful year with the group of students that I have. It is not that they are bad to say, they just are very chatty, have a difficult time following directions and are very drama filled. I made the promise to myself once M was born that I would be out the door of the classroom at promptly 3:30 and there would be very little "extra time" spent at the school. If papers aren't graded or plans aren't completely done, well then oh well. Family has become my first priority. So talking about my school day is usually off the list because I just can't take anymore time away from my "family life."
As a working mom, I always feel like there is something that has to be done, as stated in the second paragraph. I have come to terms that yes, sometimes I won't get the house exactly as clean as I would like or that I may have to skip a run. I have learned that being present is what is important right now. My sweet daughter will not be 2 forever. She will not want to sing nursery rhymes, play dinosaurs, or sit in my lap forever. It is hard trying to juggle everything that there is to do to keep our household going, but I am doing the best I can.
I may not be perfect, but I am pretty sure I am "perfect" in my daughter's eyes!
Side note: This post took two weeks to complete because other things were a little more important. Another playing catch-up moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment